The Linné Home: This house was built in 1693, and was Linné's home from 1743 to 1778. Since 1937, the building has housed the Linnaeus Museum, managed by the Swedish Linnaeus Society. I was not allowed to take any photos (my backpack was stored until I was done touring the house) because all of the contents were original to the house. I was able to see Linne's original microscopes, magnifying glass, journals, collecting jars, etc.

Here are some Carl von Linné facts: "The museum holds collections illustrating the scientific achievements of Linné. He studied abroad, as well as in Sweden. He corresponded with natural scientists throughout the world, and collected plant and animal specimens from all over the Earth. He named them according to his system of nomenclature. During his lifetime he gave almost 12,000 plants and animals their scientific names. His binary nomenclature has been used for 250 years all over the world. His legacy is in the everyday names of the flowers we plant in our gardens. He is Sweden's internationally most famous scientist". I must say that this was truly a highlight of my trip to Sweden, and I thank my hosts for making sure that I was able to visit this museum.