Betelkyrkan Free Church in Hampetorp: Amanda has given me a bit of history surrounding this church that her parents attend.

"It was originally a Baptist church, and I was a member of the Covenant church - the one where my parents were married. When my mother grew up, both churches were active and had their own ministries. When I was growing up, they were still two distinct congregations, though we had most of the services together. After I moved here, the churches sold all the chapels but one - Betelkyrkan, and "joined forces." They are still connected both to the Baptist and the Covenant churches of Sweden, but they call themselves "Frikyrkan," which means the Free Church. That title doesn't have much significance now that the State Church is no longer connected to the State. It used to be that unless you specified otherwise, you became a member of the State Church upon your birth. The Baptist and Covenant churches were two examples of free churches that broke off from the State Church in the late 1800's."